Monday, June 5, 2017

Melancholy Mojo Monday

For the better part of one's life, Monday is not a day to which you look forward.  Since I retired, it has become my favorite day of the week.  Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge is the reason.  My blog was actually started so that I could play at Mojo Monday.  I doubt I've missed many weeks, if any, posting a card for this fun challenge.  Other than the tall & skinny challenges (I'm short and chubby, sorry I can't relate.), I've enjoyed every sketch.  Once, I even won a beautiful set of Verve stamps.  
This card was made with Julee Tilman in mind.  Julee is the designer of the weekly Mojo Monday sketches.   Today she announced that this week's sketch is the final one.  
Thank you, Julee, for all the sketches, all the comments you've left on my blog, and all the blog friends I've made as a result of Mojo Monday.
All papers and stamps are from CTMH.
 When I told my DH that Mojo Monday was closing, he asked what I would do, sleep through to Tuesday?  Maybe I'll just go back to the beginning and start with the first Mojo Monday sketch and work my way back through them.
Just for fun, I went back to look at the very 1st Mojo Monday card   I posted almost 5 years ago.  It was only my 6th post on the blog and I hadn't yet figured out how to enter it in the challenge.  That was sketch #252, which means I have about 250 early sketches to get me up on Monday mornings for a while.

Good luck, Julee.  
Enjoy every moment with those little ones!

Challenges:
 
 
Now, I must go feed the neighbor's cats and goldfish.
The goldfish is new and I forgot all about it the first 2 days of my watch.  When I remembered, I was certain I'd find it belly up.  But, fortunately, all is well.  The goldfish lives.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the sentiment and all the blues you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely tribute to Mojo and Julee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so cool. I love it. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a beautiful card, Debi. Love those layered flowers, the beautiful blues and that wonderful sentiment. So glad we could brighten your Mondays over the years. Thanks so much for being a part of our challenge! I've loved peeking in at your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card love the sentiment and flowers -you made me laugh about the goldfish---Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I love those flowers! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge
    Good luck
    DT Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness we started just three sketches apart! I didn't nearly post weekly though (not retired, lol!) I adore your beautiful card with all the blue hues. Time to find a new Monday challenge! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.